It may be helpful to hire an attorney if:
- You’re struggling with the application process
- Your mortgage servicer isn’t treating the modification request fairly
- You don’t know what to do and want outside help to review all of your options
- You’d like professional assistance with the modification paperwork, particularly if you have a complicated situation.
- Your mortgage lender is dual tracking the loan. Dual tracking is when the loan servicer pursues a foreclosure while simultaneously reviewing a loan modification. (Dual tracking is a violation of federal and mortgage servicing rules.)
- Your mortgage servicer denies your modification request and you would like to appeal the denial.
Not everyone needs an attorney, but based on your individual situation an attorney could help you with understanding and getting through the loan modification process successfully.
You should know that the Ark Mortgage Assistance Program has helped many people get the loan modification they needed—and it costs far less than hiring an attorney the traditional way.